Upgrade from Ektron to Episerver CMS, a full featured digital content marketing platform with rich e-Commerce features.
Ektron and Episerver have merged. To upgrade from the Ektron CMS to Episerver, organizations will want to understand how to migrate from Ektron to Episerver. Migrating from Ektron to a new CMS requires careful planning. Here are some key points to consider as you make your decision on how and when to migrate to Episerver or another CMS.
- Review your Ektron license agreement – Fig Leaf can work with you to understand how your licenses transfer to Episerver and what your future license needs will be, based on traffic patterns, your deployment, cloud migration strategy, e-Commerce needs, integration with 3rd party systems such as marketing automation, and the number of editors you support.
- Plan for a website redesign – The migration to Episerver or a new CMS is the perfect time to review your information architecture and online strategy. Fig Leaf can assist you with a planning session to help you decide how to plan for your upgrade or migration.
- Refresh your content – Migrating is the perfect time for a content audit. Fig Leaf provides content migration services (We’ve migrated over 100,000 pages of content) as well as content strategy and web writing services. Structured content (such as PPT and PDF files) can typically be migrated in a programmatic way.
- Consider systems integration and your in-house web developer skills – Over time your integrations with 3rd party systems may have changed just as your in-house developer skills may have changed. You’ll want to notify your 3rd party vendors of a potential change and consider what training your team may need in Episerver or whichever CMS system you choose to move to.
- Plan content editor training – No matter what system you choose to move to from Ektron, you’ll want to lay out a plan for training your content editors and subject matter experts. Fig Leaf has trained more than 35,000 students and we regularly provide custom content editor training.
Episerver may be the right choice for your next CMS after Ektron. Fig Leaf can help you evaluate your options as we provide consulting for migrating from Ektron to Episerver, Progress Sitefinity, Drupal, WordPress, HubSpot, and CommonSpot.